Thursday, May 22, 2008

Gastritis Leading to Stupidity!

`

I have hated exams always, its my worst enemy, but today was a nightmare.. I have always been a last minute person and I always have this cramming session i have to do at night if I want to do the exam well, so even though i had 2 days to study I thought that I could do it in one day since it was too easy, and it was midterms after all. anyway what I didn't know was that my body was against it...

I settled down to study after having a nice dinner(yummy pizza) which Is not at all good for me,but I thought ah its only today... anyway while I was studying there was this pain on my right shoulder ,I did some stretches but It didn't go away , anyway the pain got worse and i started shivering and thats all i could remember after a moment I was down on the carpet crawling like a millipede.
there was this shooting pain going up and down my arm and I couldnt do anything to stop it.
since I was alone in the apartment nobody would have come even if I had shouted not that i could have done it at that moment!
Anyway with much struggle I found some gaviscon and gulped half of the bottle and drank lot of water and crawled my way to the bed..
After about 15 mins only I came back to the normal world, Oh god i really thought I was going to die, so thats how a gastric attack feels like!
I called my BF and told what happened , He insisted on going to the doc, I bluffed I was ok since I wanted to study ,But I couldn't concentrate with a burning sensation in my stomach and had a terrible Headache,BF suggested taking a Medical for the exam and sitting it later, But Me being the fool I am told him that I want to finish It off .

So today when i woke up still I had the pain , but ignored It and went to the exam anyway, its the Biggest mistake I did, The paper was a nightmare and the words looked like dancing jelly beans.. And i couldn't think properly my mind was blur.
And there was this one question which I only had to use my general knowledge and I completely made a fool out of my self by trying to answer it, the question was something like this " Why has men resorted to producing chymosin through genetic engineering and not by extracting rennent exam by calf? And u will never believe what My answer was ! It was ' Because extracting the enzyme from the calf will lead to its DEATH! how insanely stupid of me? 2 years of learning biotech and this is what i write?a total waste of time and money
I didn't even look at the rest of the questions, submitted the answer sheet and ran out of the exam hall... after a few minutes only I realized what a blunder I had done,told my friend and we ended up laughing hysterically...

This made me go back to my A/L days a time where I had written much more stupider answers than this(Physics grr).but I have always been serious and good at uni work may be because I love what I do.
I am sure my lecturer will call me on Monday and tell she was disappointed and blah blah! but Its fun to be The don't care stupid person for once than being the nerdy serious person I am..

And by the way gastric is not something you can take easily but its a another post all together!

9 comments:

Dili said...

Oh man, sympathies. I know how that works. Was a sufferer myself for quite sometime. Even now its not gone, just dormant like. Those antacids are lifesavers. :\

Im sure you didnt do as badly as you fear. Maybe you were seeing things about that? :)

Lady divine said...

hey...sorry to hear about it..
I get gastritis too...... sigh... such a curse!!!
and the pain doesn't even let you sleep in peace at night!!

A sHe MiNd!!! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A sHe MiNd!!! said...

Thank u guys... yeah i agree its such a curse, and the worst part it, people who don't have it, thinks its no big deal!

eLhamza said...

So you bluffed ha?Anyway try having breakfast here after! That would keep away all those attacks.Trust me.

Also,"trying to finish things off soon",not a very good idea she mind! Patience is virtue.

You could have taken a leave n gvn a MC.If you had done so,I'm sure the paper would have looked stupid to you..

And next time,don't bluff when it comes to serious stuff.

Anonymous said...

hey !!
i dont think ur answer for that question was that bad!! i couldnteven understand the question!! so be happy!! u hv learnt something during the last yr!
n take good care of urself...
eat n stop dieting!!

Anonymous said...

Oh that sucks... I know the feeling... Can't you appeal the results or something like that?

A sHe MiNd!!! said...

No chaarmax, If i had taken a MC And had not gone to the paper they would have given the chance to resit, now since I already went for the exam they wouldn't consider it!!

Shehan said...

i had a friend who thought he was dying when got a pain :) i can laugh now but i dont suppose he would've appreciated it if i were there when he got the pain.
Hope ya feels better...