Sunday, March 2, 2008

VALENTINES DAY


Valentines Day! What’s the big deal? I always thought like that. Some soppy couples exchanging cards, choc and flowers. That’s all it was for me few years ago. but then this year it was different , I had the perfect guy in my life. when 14 th of February was approaching I felt exited , I wanted to give something to H I wanted to show I loved him, I kept in my mind to make him something , but with college work it kind of slipped my mind and on 13th night I was left with nothing..
so I searched through my stuff and found some card making stuff, then when I went to get my bag it was missing SHOOT all my things were inside that, pencils, pens glue everything , I must have left it in canteen or somewhere or someone must have stolen my bag , anyway I was left with a blank white card , suddenly I got an idea I took my Pink lipstick and started making the white card PINK in one hour I had something u could call a card . somewhat satisfied. I waited till 12 midnight looking at my mobile. there were no messages . 12.30 still nothing.. I knew he had a midterm tomorrow and was studying but does it take that long to send one TEXT? Around 1 am I got mad and called him, he was like im so busy dear,, I said anyway I wanted to meet him in ten mins.. After all it was Valentines Day right?
So when I met him I gave him the card and the Big choc I bought, he laughed in a good way at the card said thanks and went back to his room.
I was kind of hurt THATS IT? I thought. I thought may be in the morning he would give me something. Don’t think I am crazy I just wanted my Boy friend to show me some love...
Anyway in the morning it was almost as usual as any other day. but not for other people who were madly in love, there was a request show in college, everywhere happy gals carrying flowers, and I really lost my patience when I saw a guy hiding near his gals room to surprise her with blue and pink tulips (I think it was tulips) it was so beautiful, at that moment my phone rang and it was Mr. H, he asked me what's wrong u seem to be pretty dull the whole day.
I got so mad I yelled at him telling don’t u realize its VALENTINES DAY. Is it so hard for u to say HAPPY VALENTINES DAY? Then he told me, u know I don’t believe in this stupid day? I didn’t think it mattered to u so much I am sorry ill make it up for u somehow. I thought whatever and hung up
That night all my friends were showing the gifts they got for valentines and I was so jealous and I thought wow aren’t they lucky?

But after two days one of my friends were dumped, another friend was cheated. Then only I realized how lucky I am? I had this wonderful guy who would do anything for me , who would tie my shoe lace in the middle of the road, who cares for my mum and dad as much as I do. Who doesn’t even let me do my own laundry, who makes me soup when I’m sick. Who never lets me be alone, Who loves me for what I am , a guy who is so supportive, loving and caring..
Does it matter that he doesn’t celebrate Valentines Day? after all its just another day!! I figured out that in his life he doesn’t need to have a special day to love me or show his love, because every minute of every hour he shows it in so many ways.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alhamdulillah! :)

eLhamza said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.