Saturday, March 1, 2008

Away from home

I always wanted to do my Degree overseas, somewhere far from home, where my mum and dad couldn't nag me, where i could do things my own way, where i could sleep at 4 am and get up at 12 noon , basically a land without rules...can say it was one of my fantasies.

Anyway now i am so many miles away from home ,and yes i can sleep at anytime i want ,wake up at any time, go for class or simply chill out with my friends .believe me there's no one to shout at me, I could eat all the JUNK I want , go anywhere I want at anytime, freedom is unlimited...

Life is much easy over here, no crowded buses with conductors yelling "passata yanda paasata yanda",no perverts in buses trying to take advantages of my innocence, no smokey roads with dust all around me, its quite a nice place to live...
But after living one year here, do u know what i realised? "There's no place better than home"
I miss my mums nagging , miss her yummy food, back then I would have given anything to switch my stringhoppers for KFC chicken, now I would give anything to have stringhoppers,
I miss the sandwiches that mum used to pack for me every morning,
I miss having a nice girl talk in SINHALA, miss fighting for the remote with my sisters.

I am not telling college life is bad , its nice to hangout at night and keep talking , go to midnight movies and eat fast food,but sometimes what ever u do or how many great friends u have, u feel a bit left out when your not local.

I miss being looked after, i miss being home.I crave for one of those long conversations with my girl friends.most of all it kills me to come back to an empty room at the end of the day.
I wish I had someone to yell at me when I'm on the phone with my boy friend late at nigh.

You know what ? now I really miss the rules at home,, I soooo want to sleep at 10 pm and get up before 7 am.I want to have a proper breakfast, lunch and dinner. I want to make fun of mum and make her mad, I want to help dad with marketing.
I so so so wanna hangout with my friends at MC (LOL)

If your home right now, u don't know how lucky you are , to get your parents care and love , to be looked after ,to be totally dependant on them. I miss being at home.
I really wish i was in galleface with my family eating "isso wade" right now...
Its almost 6 am now so i better go to bed.
Bye for now

4 comments:

eLhamza said...

Good one Fath & Welcome to the bloggoing family.

It certainly is a good one for the first ever blog.Yeah College life sucks at times.But we got to do what we got to do right.Asssume you are back in SL with all the comfort and the loved ones around you and with no proper edu.Isnt it pointless.Why not be a little bit patient n get the hell out of here and rejoin with family and friends.

And my my I never knew that you wanted someone to yell at you when you are over the phone with me at late night [I have done it several times when I couldnt stay no more awake :)]

Oh yeah.Im with you.I would trade anything for a stringhoppers and fish curry.Yum.

Just a couple of more years fath.Then we both can go home.


Keep blogging.
el

Anonymous said...

ohhh wow fathha!!! its sooo nice.

yeah we miss you too but you will be away from home for just a few more years ryt??
then you can come back home n do whtever the things you miss doing thr.

but wht if u get sick of sri lanka again?? hmmmmm

anyway i rly do miss chatting for hours and hours with u on the phone n miss going to mc for no reason..haiyo why does time has to pass so quickly??

k now do ur studies well n come back home soon!!
SL is missing you too men

love you loads!!muwah
nu

A sHe MiNd!!! said...

Thanks guys, for ur lovely comments. yeah nuwanthi SL is definetly missing me.. LOL

eLhamza said...

I didn't know that you go to MC for no reason????

Bubbly MC isn't a place for a girl to hang around!

Keep Blogging.