Friday, April 25, 2008

Singapore , I expected MORE!

Last week i went on a vacation to Singapore and i was so exited, obviously because everyone told me that it's a wonderful place.. so i was looking forward to see a spic and span city without dirt. But it was a total disaster from the time we landed..
first the hotel we booked told that we only booked for 2 when actually we had booked for 3 and when my dad asked whether we could change it in to a family room , they said NOOOOOOO, i donno why was that though, we were exhausted and had no place to go, then after about hour we found this place which was an apartment like place which was very very clean and EXPENSIVE it was 115$ per night, which was same as a 3 star hotel , then anyway since we were so tired we took it, guess what the room was two storey one, my place was upstairs with a bed and a chair, i could hardly stand in that place because every time i stood up i banged my head .

Anyway the next day dad wanted to take me to SENTOSA ISLAND which i was very looking forward to, the Hotel ppl told that taking the bus was easier and cheaper so we took it, but when we got inside the bus , the driver shouted at us to get down because we didnt have exact change. DUH! actually we had but he didnt give us anytime to find it, how the hell were we supposed to know that we had to have exact change and anyway we didnt know the fare either, my dad was soooooo pissed he said let's take a taxi , i think that's the way Singaporeans show hospitality...
Anyway Senthosa was nothing like i expected, i have seen much nicer places here in malaysia, believe me SUNWAY in malaysia is 10000 times better..

Then in the evening we went to Little India, that place made me faint, it was so smelly and filthy it was like i was in chennai, covered with dirt, and it smelt like rotten meat.. and even though i heard u were not supposed to spit on the road , i saw many doing so... my father was like Oh God! what happened to Singapore it was not like this 5 years ago.

I have to say Orchard road was very nice and clean , that part was like Singapore. i hope it remains so!
I donno whether u guys have seen but I have seen these huge bragging adds about MDIS in srilankan papers, telling what a great place it is, and i saw the place it didnt look that great to me..

Stuff is overly expensive there, one parata(roti) is 2$ where as in Malaysia its only 0.90 cents in Rm, and by the way to keep u in track 1 sing$=2.5Rm..

Once one of my friends told me that even Singapore air is so much nicer but this time i went, i only felt dust and smoke... so i clearly made up i mind to cut off Singapore from my holiday destinations
!

4 comments:

eLhamza said...

Didn't I tell you? Singapore sucks!
Even I was utterly disappointed when I was there last Dec.

KL is much better,even than the Orchard Place.

Take Times Square! Its much much cleaner, brighter, cheaper,and entertaining!

You know whats wrong,people who visit Singapore never even think of visiting Malaysia.

If they do,I'm sure Malaysia will be there first choice.

Sunway,Genting...name it,theres plenty of amazing places here in Malaysia.

And things are much cheaper here.Let it be food,clothes or electronics.Everything is much cheaper than in Singapore.

You may be aware that the only Sony Vaio Notebook Factory/Industry in Asia is here in Malaysia.

P.S: Malaysia is the #1 tourist destination in year 2007.As of US Global traveler.

Anonymous said...

I spent a few months in Singapore some 7 years ago and I had fun. But you're right, it IS expensive!

We usually ate at Boat and Clark Quays and I never really got to visit Sentosa, never really thrilled about it since beaches are not exactly Singapore's forte.

While there I used to go to KL with my friend to have a Friday's night out and then hop on the bus back the next day. Genting IS beautiful =)

Sadly, I had a VERY bad experience with buses going to and coming from KL that I didn't have more opportunity to visit it more than once.

I miss travelling in Asia!

A sHe MiNd!!! said...

Thanks Maria u should visit KL again there are many more new places now... I am glad u guys Agree ....

Anonymous said...

Dang!! And I was thinking of migrating to Sg!!!